For ages, tea has been prepared in a thousand different ways.
More than three billion tea cups are drunk each year in France! That’s why coffee is about to be replaced .But this number hides different practices :
How do you consume tea?
- 60% ajoutent du citron
- 25% ajoutent un nuage de lait ou de miel
- 32% boivent le thé pur (sucré ou non)
75% des Français prennent du thé en sachet plutôt qu’en vrac
54% le préparent directement dans un mug une tasse ou un bol
When do we consume tea?
- 30% le matin
- 60% l’après-midi
- 10% le soir
To make a good tea, follow some simple rules :
- Heat up the water without boiling and pour the water over the tea
- For bulk tea you have to put a tea spoon in the teapot per cup
- Tea should infuse from 3 to 5 minutes
- Use soft water
- Water should be stirred with a spoon before serving
There are many variations and other “tricks” to make tea :
- Heat the cups and the teapot with water before pouring the tea. This will “prepare” the containers.
- The North African method of serving tea, raising the teapot high above the cup- releases a very pleasant fragrance, but doesn’t improve the taste of the tea.